Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Final Reflection

When I started this project I really thought it would be easy. I mean I already know how to workout. I remember when I came up with my essential question, what can I do to be a better bodybuilder, going into it I considered writing down a lot of what I already knew about you know? For the most part that is what I did. I used information that I had stored in my memory banks. From things that I learned a long time ago when I first started to really workout seriously. I have to tell the truth, I only used the citations once through out my whole time doing this project. To put it simply but with out trying to sound cocky or arrogant I really don't need to use the citations too much. I think it helped me the one time I used it but as for my other posts it just came from my own personal knowledge on the subject. Although I have to admit I did still learn a lot from my know experiences with interviews and some advice from my personal trainer friends. I understand that this whole project was about researching your topic and gathering information off the web but it didn't quite go that way for me and my project.

I strongly believe that I answered my question to the fullest of my abilities. My journey to became a better bodybuilder has really came along way from my humble beginning. It took a little time to really try and assess my question. I said to myself "Okay what exactly do I have to attack here?" There was all sorts of other questions I had to answer first before I could go and answer the big question. With a question like that came even more question filled questions I could say. If I want to be better then I have to pick all the things that go along with working out. Eat more, take more protein, change up the schedule, more sets less workouts, more workouts less sets, all this information coming at me at once. But I tried to my fullest to answer my big question my own way. Taking very small steps forward instead of getting ahead of myself and taking a step backward. This may seem dumb to someone who doesn't workout but I love when I wake up in the morning and it is hard for me to move that muscle that I trained the day before. The soreness means that you did something right. I strive for that feeling every time I workout and I got that even more after I started this project. The basic parts of the project were easily answered, simple questions I came up with myself. Most of the questions were stuff I really wanted to change for the better. My schedules for certain muscle groups, the workouts that I do for that part of my body, eating better and more protein filled foods, all the stuff that you need. I know it sounds a little repetitive but that's what this all is. One big repetition after the other. But if your dedicated it won't matter. You absolutely have to keep changing in order for all of your hard work to take affect. So in all my question was answered, at least I believe so. It took a long time but I did it.

I only think that if I could have had more time that I would have been able to answer the big question a little more in depth. For the most part it is answered though. All that stuff in the above paragraph can really help with my dream of becoming a better bodybuilder some day. One more thing that might be able to help even more than anything else is a substance called creatine. Don't worry it's all legal. What that does is it helps your muscles retain water and pump blood in to the muscle. By retaining water I mean it gives you a bigger look when you flex. You see? I still have all this information on the subject that I never got to put down earlier. But that's okay because at least I got to get it out somewhere on this. I'm really happy with my progress and improvement with working out. I attribute this project to my success and increase in strength in the gym to this project. It got me thinking even more about what I do to get bigger and better. I loved doing this and sharing information with everyone. Hopefully I can do it again sometime later. Maybe I could start training a few people and help them too.

1 comment:

Zach T said...

I like how you openly admit that citations werent important to your question. It makes your overall project more natural because most of your knowledge was right from the head. Now i have info myself just by reading your last post.