Thursday, April 17, 2008

CURIOUS MUCH?

As i layed there underneath the bright blue pastel summer sky that day, i tryed to give my drifting, wondering mind time to process my surroundings. It was a care free, laid back type of day. Where you feel as though nothting could be better than to lounge around sipping a cold drink as the radient sun shoots a wink in your direction. Im sure most would agree that we've had such a day. I lye there the cool breeze blowing bye, a cloud passing every now and then. I close my eyes and disappear. I begin to think what if it was that simple. Just to close your eyes and be erased from the world like a line off of an etchasketch. I pondered the question as an even greater question dawned on me. How did we get here? Is there some higher power? Some sort of almighty god looking down on us? or is science right?. Then i opened my eyes and inquired to no one inparticular...is there a god?
Ever since i could remember, ive always questioned the existance of a higher power. It just didnt seem as though it was possible. Throughout my youth i constantly speculated on wether or not there was someone keeping track of my every movement and motion from above. I knew there was the possibility but there was no solid evidence. You may think to yourself the bible is enough. For me it wasnt and its still not. The bible is manmade. Therefore i see it more as a collection of fairy tales put on a pedistool on display and made the center of life. God is to religious people what santa clause is to children. Children have such faith that they will be rewarded for there good behavior from "the almighty santa clause". They believe he controls there fate. There parents say; kids be good and santa will bring you presents. Priests say; my children live a good life and god will reward you. Churches and televangelists collect funds everyday based peoples religious beliefs. They take advantage of people and there faith. If there is a god why would he enlist the help of such people/commoners. I mean science is a theory to though in some sense. Some could argue that but there is hard fact in this area that Cannot be argued with. If you look at the bible its all quotes from man. Things that people have heard or claim to have seen. In all honesty it sounds alot like holy gossip. Say the bible never existed. If someone walked up to you with a book right now and told you it was a holy book and the creator of your world talked to them and told them what to write, that you would believe them? The theory that we used to be monkeys is almost as ridiculous and unbelievable. Although are features are very similar. Not to mention our brains and skulls are quite close in size and shape. Both sides just seem to have all the answers. i cant help but wonder if theres a god.

1 comment:

Zach B said...

Matt, you already know I don't agree with your beliefs but every person is entitled to their own opinion. I really hope you find what your looking for.