Friday, January 11, 2008

Assessment - Indy Reading Project - December

Zach T - 5/5 Responses
Zach, nice job overall.  Your responses are very well developed and it looks like you are putting in a good effort.  You're varying your topics too, which means that you're trying to explore many aspects of the novel.  One thing I noticed in your last response (which was very developed) is that you had a lot of plot and not a whole lot of focus on setting.  You said that each setting is a stepping stone.  It is better to talk in larger terms about the setting's overall significance than just retelling what happened there.  What does each place represent?  You kind of get there in the Hollywood response but not so much in the other places.

Zach B - 5/5 Responses
Zach, I'm glad you enjoyed Palahniuk.  I've read Lullaby, which wasn't really that graphic.  If you get Rant back to me tomorrow I'm going to read it on break.  I'm glad you completed all your work (and finally signed up for Blogger), now I just need you to get a little more in depth about the books.  

Rich - 5/5 Responses
Rich, I'm glad you were able to read a book you really enjoyed.  You might really like Ender's Game, which is a science fiction book about this kid with special abilities who becomes this super military weapon.  It's not graphic like Halo, but I enjoyed it immensely.  Nice job taking leadership position and working hard on this blog.

Spencer - 3/5 Responses
Spencer, forward progress is always good.  Let's keep it up.  Your responses need to go deeper and you need to make sure you proofread.  

Matt - 0/5 Responses
Let's get it together.

No comments: